#Mashup Monday: It Isn't Easy Being Green


First off, I want to give a shout out to my favorite amphibian, Kermit D. Frog, for making green the new black on the muppet show - which is making it's return to TV later this month and I could not be more excited.  I'm still not feeling him dumping Ms. Piggy for another pig.  Ms. Piggy's wardrobe and hair game stays on 1000.  Now on to this Monday's experience...

This mash up starts off with one of the signature fortune cookie soaps from Fortune Cookies Soap in the Polyjuice Potion fragrance.  On their website, this fragrance is described as "a magical blend of fresh oranges, grapefruit, strawberries, ripe melon, peaches and kiwi..sprinkled with a touch of sugar."  YUM!  The scent is definitely magical.  I was first tipped on to Fortune Cookie Soap by a soap friend Tracy, who send me a box of goodies that included their Hydrate Me balm in the intoxicating "It's 5 o'clock Somewhere?!" fragrance.  I talked about this item in my first #Mashup Monday post.

I was excited to try this new scent, but hesitant because my experience with glycerin soap has been not so great.  But I am a trooper and it smelled soooo good and the other products I've tried from Fortune Cookie Soap have be awesome and I LOVE the concept, it's so cute AND even comes with a fortune inside.   

However, I must say that the fortune cookie soap did not bring me good fortune.  The scent was fantastic.  But the lather was just so so.  Some soaps need a good rub to get the lather going and I rubbed and rubbed and rubbed but found the lather to be rather lacking in this soap.  Also, I found it to be a little drying to my skin.  It gave me that "squeaky" clean feeling that let's me know I'm definitely clean, but also I know that I need to use a heavy hitter as far as a moisturizer to keep me my skin from drying out.

In comes yet another tincture from Cream & Coco, featured in my Burn, Berry, Burn #Mashup Monday post.  Tinctures from Cream & Coco are a botanically infused body oil blend that incorporates glycerin to help attract moisture to the skin as the oil seals it in.  Great Stuff and the Green Mango scent (do yourself a favor, if you have not tried dried green mangos, find some.  THE ARE ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!! And when you find them, let me know where you got them because my local Trader Joe's has stopped carrying them).  The scent is tangy and sweet and melony amazwballsness.  

Combining the Green Mango tincture with the polyjuice potion fortune cookie soap created a fragrance combination that was a tropical delight - fun and fruity.  Though the soap dried me out, the tincture helped bring my skin's moisture levels back into balance.


What products are you mashing up this week?


For more #MashupMonday posts click here

Later Love Buds,

A.

No comments